Saturday, December 5, 2009

Maybelline makeup????

I was thinking about purchasing Maybelline pure makeup concealer as well as their oil free loose powder. I was wondering if anyone else has used their products, I have oily skin that is prone to breakouts so I need something for sensitive skin, also if you could recommend a good blush to go along with it that would be great!Maybelline makeup????
The maybelline ';pure'; concealor in the stick form is the only one you can get from a drug store that has 2% salysilic acid...others only contain a smaller amount. I always use that concealer on my pimples. That is really the only item that i would recommend from their line if you have oily skin. My other favorites are any kind of powders from Physician's Formula and all other kinds of makeup from Almay (as others have recommended as well).





To sum:


Concealer: Maybelline's Pure concealer


Powder: Physician's Formula


Foundation, blush, eyeshadow, etc.: Almay





Almay is organized where you can always pick stuff that matches and it is like the less expensive version of clinque (which is known for being great for sensitive skin.)





Best of luck!Maybelline makeup????
almay
I suggest purchasing a different concealer because if you already have oilly skin this stuff clogs your pores and would prevent your skin from breathing and eventually make you break out, but as for they're oil free loose powder I have some of that stuff as well and it works miracles if you use it right.
I use physicians formula, I have sensitive skin and it seems to work for me. It's not so harsh on the skin and it is easy to remove at night or whenever you need a clean slate.
I prefer Covergirl concealer over Maybelline's just because I find it less oily.
I switched to Bare Essentials 2 years ago. I wish I had sooner. It is great stuff. Comes in many colors, concealer, eye shadow, blushes etc. Comes with their own brushes too. They have lip sticks and glosses in many colors also.





This stuff is so kind to skin. Never clogs pores. Is easy to wash off and has a really long shelf life.
I've never used their concealer but I do have the PURE makeup and it's really awesome! I like to blend mine with a just a bit of face lotion and it goes on very natural. The foundation doesn't go on thick and gooey and still looks good at the end of the day ~ even in SUMMER!


In terms of a concealer, I would strongly reccomend that you spend just a bit more $ and get the MAC Moisturecover concealer. It goes on very smooth and blends so well that a touch is all you need. I tend to just wear this concealer day to day so I dont need to suffocate my face with foundation.


Blush wise ~ I would suggest Maybellines' Expert Wear Blush. I have the dual colured one in Siamese Pink : a bright girly pink since I have fair skin.
maybeline is kind of cheap, if you want something that really works try neutregena or bare minerals. those really work for oily skin, and neutregena even heals ur acne.
I prefer almay and neutrogena to maybelline- i only use maybelline for mascara, for coverup i use almay and it cures my acne too!
almay is for people with sensitive skin


I cant imagine someone with sensitive skin taking the maybelline route.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting