Wednesday, December 2, 2009

M.A.C. or Maybelline? Clinique or CoverGirl? Do you prefer department store or drugstore makeup and why?

This question is specifically for people who actually wear makeup. Thanks!M.A.C. or Maybelline? Clinique or CoverGirl? Do you prefer department store or drugstore makeup and why?
I prefer diferent make up for different uses. I love and swear by MAC's foundations, paints and eye colors. My fav mascara is Maybeline. My fave glosses and highlighters are Bobbi Brown. My fav foundation is black opal or Iman. I havent found any Cover Girl products that I like, so I dont use them. I prefer department store foundation because it tends to last longer, have better coverage, doesn't clog my pores and they have a better color selection for my skintone. But just because department stores are more expensive, doesnt mean that you have to or should buy all your products just from them.





Its kind of like shopping for clothes or food. Just because Jimmy shoo makes shoes you prefer, doesnt mean you cant pick up and adore a pair of thongs from Old Navy from time to time.M.A.C. or Maybelline? Clinique or CoverGirl? Do you prefer department store or drugstore makeup and why?
I prefer make up that I can find in most nationwide department stores/drug stores (such as CVS, Wal-Mart, Walgreens, etc). I don't like to order make up through catalogs or on the internet because you'll never know if that specific color will match you well. It's less convenient as well, because you have to wait for the make up to arrive and it always costs more. I also don't want to pay a lot of money for make up. L'Or茅al may not be the cheapest at the store, but it is a lot more reasonably priced than Clinique, MAC, Bare Minerals etc. It is great quality make up at a price that is still relatively affordable for most people. I like some of CoverGirl's stuff too (such as their mascara, eyeliner, or lip gloss). Revlon is also a really good choice for lip gloss, blush/bronzer, or eyeshadow.
Mary Kay...it's the number one brand in America. It costs less than department store brands and one tube, compact, etc will last forever. I feel in love with it and started selling it!
I have tried everything from $4 foundation to $40 foundation and in all honesty, they both worked about the same and I didnt look any different. I felt so bad for spending that kind of money. If u really think about it, they all use basically the same stuff to formulate this stuff, but the name is what makes ppl think its so much better.
M.A.C. of course, it's all better with the department store products even though it's overpriced, it's well worth it.
mac


clinique


department store





i'm a makeup artist, and i dont mind paying more for more expensive makeup products, they are way easier to apply =)
I like for my makeup to look natural, so I don't mind spending more for it - I wear bare minerals foundation and I have a lot of higher end makeup (Sephora in the mall nearby). I don't wear it all the time so it's not a big deal, but I agree that you get what you pay for. I love Smashbox too. Mascara I will buy at drugstores - you can't beat Maybeline's great lash. Just to try out new colors I also like drugstore brands, and especially for lip color (I am a lipgloss junkie!)
well i'm not the type of girls who would spend hundreds on makeups so i'll vote for drugstore makeup. but for certain makeups i would only trust makeup brand like Mary Kay. I've tried MAC's eyeshadow before from a friend's superb makeup kit and it looked the same as a eyeshadow i bought for $5 from either L'oreal or Maybelline don't quite remember. so i say if you're not having a horrible skin texture and just need a little face enhancer..just go to the drugstore for some above-average makeups, you can always count on Maybelline and Covergirl for their mascara and eyeshadow. L'oreal make pretty good foundation like the new one that just came out a while ago - True Match, it goes smooth and evenly on your skin yet give you the great coverage to conceal blemish and large pores yet doesn't make you skin look flaky. most of the time isn't about what kind of makeups you're wearing, but you need to learn how to remove your makeups completely at the end of the day. i don't care if it's a $1000 foundation that you put on your face but if you don't remove it properly, it's still going to damage your skin.
covergirl, or neutragena!!!! dept stores are too expensive.
Maybelline
MAC is always innovating... and a sure bet, when in doubt i buy MAC and usually the counter consultants really know about makeup and propose great tips...


The others I need to shop and inform myself before buying.
I tend to buy M.A.C. or clinique because not only are they easier to app;y but they tend to last longer. I do not have to re-apply them, the eye shadows do not crease when I open and close my eyes and you can eat through M.A.C.'s lip glass. Now don't get me wrong because there area couple of drug store brands that are wonderful as well, such as Milani and Black Opal but I would rather pay $13 for lip gloss when I do not have to use a tube of it a day.
i always always use maybelline. Especially their mousse foundation. Its def the best. Although to be fair i haven't ever used any cover girl stuff.
covergirl. Go to the drugstore is you are starting out to use make-up. Then you will get a feel of what looks good on you.
Ok I use M.A.C and Mary Kay...I love the compliments I receive when using those products and you definitely get what you pay for. I have had a compact from M.A.C since wow a couple of months ago and I can still make it another couple. I see a more lasting effect from these brands versus others good luck on your choice
M A C they are so helpful!
i went to sephora a while ago purchasing bare minerals and they asked what i used before an di told them Mac and they said that their makeup is really cheap and all your buying is the packaging..so i say for face makeup bare minerals, eyes-pretty much anywhere..i like Mac colors and its not that expensive, drugstores are good for the essentials like mascara etc.
Department store, but if I can find a great alternative at the drugstore, I'll buy it from there.
Well,I actually wear make up and I receive a lot of compliments by other people.I personally prefer MAc and Clinique.Sorry for my english,cause I am from Albania.
M.A.C but try Bare Minerals, its the fastest way to look gorgeous and in just seconds. And for lip gloss, try the drug store, any brand and in any kind...
this is a good question and i often have this dilemma. I buy drugstore cosmetics but you need to be careful, my preferred brands are loreal and isadora in Walgreens. Isadora has great quality products, made in Sweden. You need to look for the consistency of the product, the smoother the better, eye shadows need to be really fine and soft, you can apply them on your palm, where your skin wrinkles to check if they are smooth and dont brake. Powders and blushes the same, how they reflect light, how they tone with your skin. A good tip is to apply some and just leave the store then you can see in a sunlight how the skin looks. Enjoy
I am a Mary Kay girl. It can be expensive but it looks so natural. I would normally buy MAC because it last longer and there is very little need for re-application. If you are new to make up, I would recommend MAC.
I prefer MAC and Clinque out of this selection, not only because the quality is better, but because thier companies or parent companies do not test on animals.


and i love makeup, but i love animals more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
php hosting